Sunday, July 3, 2011

We are a circus!

So this was us in Sacrament meeting today. . .
Baylee was being loud and kind of disruptive during the Sacrament, so when it was over Mark took her out in the hall.
They turned the time over for testimonies and no one was getting up. It had probably only been a few seconds, but that empty space feels so long. I had been feeling like I should bare my testimony so I went up and took Owen with me. That went ok, I kind of had to cut it short cause he started being noisy and reaching for the microphone. I'm not really a public speaker though so that was fine with me :)
Then a couple of testimonies later Mark goes up to bare his testimony. He was sitting on the isle with Owen then there was Baylee then me. He started walking up front. Owen took off crawling after him and crying. I had to go up the isle and grab Owen (we were also sitting back in the overflow because there was a baby blessing today so were clear in the back of the chapel too). Then I go back and sit by Baylee and she starts crying and whining, "Where is daddy? I can't find my DADDY!"
So, I point him out to her up on the stand (there was a sister in our ward sharing her testimony so Mark was just sitting on the stand waiting for his turn). Baylee goes heading up the isle for Mark and I just let her go because Owen was still being a little fussy. She was sitting by Mark and he got up for his testimony and she just sat on the stand. I'm listening to Mark's testimony and I hear this kind of weird noise. Then I heard it again, then I looked at the Bishop and his counselors and they were looking at the organ. I look over at the organ and there's Baylee hitting some keys on the organ!
Owen had kind of crawled away from me at this point, so I go heading up the isle to grab Baylee! Then I hear him crying, I almost went back for him, but I just went and grabbed her. When I came back a girl in my ward had Owen, so I sat by them. Then Baylee wouldn't stay with me she still wanted her daddy, so she went back up to the stand. Owen was being fussy again so I took him out in the hall! It was so crazy, and so embarrassing! We were like a circus act in the middle of sacrament meeting. I just wanted to write it down so someday I can look back and laugh. . . I'm sure someday it will be funny.

1 comment:

The Zaugg family said...

oh Jena! yes it is hard but one day they will be big and you will remember that and laugh and think oh why do they grow up. ha ha but im sure that was not you attitude on Sunday. it happens to everyone that has kids so don't be dumb.