Saturday, July 9, 2011

4th of July!

We love the 4th of July!
This year my sister and brother-in-law invited us to go with them to the Kaysville parade. Matt's family goes every year so they had a nice spot saved! It was really fun. I guess they have a big water fight/ water parade after, but we skipped that part. I'm pretty sure Baylee would have hated it :)



It was so nice to have an overcast day, so it wasn't too hot!
This was a truck with military veterans in it!

Baylee liked the parade, but she didn't like the people throwing candy at her!
She liked the candy, just not the having it chucked at you part!




I took the kids to see the fireworks that night and Mark stayed home so he could sleep because he had to get up early and go to work the next day.
But, before we went to the fireworks we had a BBQ at my mom's house. It was lots of fun!

I took a picture of the treats I took to the BBQ!
Homemade oreos, indoor s'mores, and s'more cookies!

I love s'more cookies!

Last year Baylee was kind of afraid of the fireworks, but she really seemed to like them this year!

Owen wasn't afraid of fireworks. He was just afraid of sitting in the back of my car!

We parked in the stake center by Weber High School (where the light the fireworks). Then I took the car seats out and folded down the back. I though it would be fun to sit in there.
(Good thing I brought chairs! We just sat outside by the car and he was perfectly happy.)

Owen did not agree! For some reason it completely freaked him out!

Baylee thought it was fun though!


3 comments:

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

Holy cow....I had alot to catch up on! It looks like your summer is fantastic! Baylee is a crack up...reading through your blog and reading all of the funny things she says and does....it kills me! Lets have another play date!

Stephanie said...

Why didn't we take a picture of us at the parade together??? LOVED the S'mores cookies. It make me laugh that Owen was afraid of the back of your car, cute pictures of him crying....bad aunt!!

Sarah said...

Hey Jenalee! I'm behind on checking everyone's blogs--I read through lots and lots of yours. They're all so cute and funny! LOVED the sacrament circus story. So, so hilarious!

It was great seeing you at the wedding--hopefully we'll meet up again soon.
You've got such a beautiful family!!