Monday, July 18, 2011

Bear Lake Vacation!

Mark and I decided we need to start having family vacations every year! So, this year we went to Bear Lake!

We just stayed in a one bedroom condo for 2 nights! It was really fun to spend time together! The first day we got there we went to the north shore it was fun, but. . . It was so gross we were by this umm. . . let's just say "white trash" group of people. There were like 4 girls and a couple of guys and maybe 3 little kids. They were being kind of noisy and drinking (which is super classy to do while supervising young children near water! Idiots!). But I was fine with it, trashy people have to vacation too, but then I hear one of the girls yell to her friend (I'll censor this for ya), "Shoot! She pooped in her swimming suit! What do I do?" I immediately thought, "Please, Please, Please take her up to your truck and take care of it there!" Of course they couldn't hear my thoughts and they proceeded to wash this maybe 2-year-old girl out in the lake! Gross! Mark and Baylee were already playing out in the lake, so I went and told Mark and we moved as far away from them as we could! So gross! Why do people like that have to ruin things for everyone? Ugh! Going around giving everyone diseases! Sick!

Anyways, I just tried to take my mind off of what was in the Lake, so I could enjoy our little family trip! Germs can't travel that far can they? I actually took a picture of those people and I was going to post it, but since there were innocent children in it I decided not to. But, if you see a truck with Wyoming plates and vinyl lettering on the window that says, "Be a flirt, lift your shirt" watch out, it's them.

Baylee and Owen loved playing in the sand and water! I bought some new sand toys and floaties to play with and they were a hit! I bought a floatie for me too and when I got on it Baylee jumped on my stomach. I couldn't believe it held up both up, but it did and we had fun floating out on the lake!



There was a swimming pool at the condo we stayed at. It was fun to swim in too! Baylee did great with her floatie! She would just kick herself all over the pool! I took her swimming the week before we left and she didn't have a floatie and she was super clingy in the water! She loved her floatie though, she wanted to do it all by herself and not even have us by her.

We went swimming our first night there and Mark took Owen up to our room around 8 to put him to bed, but Baylee wanted to keep swimming. I stayed down with her and after awhile I noticed a big group of people getting out of the pool at the same time. When they were walking by us they told us someone had had a bowel movement in the pool! Baylee and I hurried out of the water too! I couldn't believe that was two poop incidents in one day! People, please have your children wear swim diapers! Seriously! So far none of us have showed signs of having cryptosporidium thank goodness!


The next day we were there we were eager to go to a different beach! My sister was at Bear Lake too with her husbands family, so we met up with them at their beach! Baylee's allergies had been acting up while we were up there. I had given her Benadryl in the morning because it usually doesn't seem to make her too tired and I figured since we were going to the beach she'd be excited and stay awake anyways, but it knocked her out! She feel asleep a little while after we got there and she slept even when we got back to our condo!

Steph and Matt!


Playing on the beach! Before Baylee fell asleep!



That night we went to La Beau's to get shakes! They were tasty!


The Monday before our trip was July 11th so 7-11 and I had taken the kids to get free slurpee's at 7-Eleven. When we told Baylee we were going to get shakes she kept saying "Let's go get our free slurpee's now!" Then when she got her shake she tasted it and said she didn't like it cause it wasn't a slurpee! She just wanted to go get another free slurpee!




I thought she shakes were pretty good though! Steph got raspberry and cheesecake in hers! It was so good!



On our way home we stopped in Logan. Mark grew up there so he wanted to drive around and reminisce for awhile. This is the house he lived in from when he was about 8 or so till 14. Then they moved to Ogden. His Logan house happened to be for sale too! If you want to buy it or look at the pictures online click here. It's a really cute house!


Then we stopped at the Logan temple and walked around for a little while!


Then we went to get Aggie ice cream! I'd never had it before and it was pretty good!

5 comments:

One Happy Heart Family said...

FUN!! FUN!! FUN!!!! Your family is so darn adorable!!

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh! I am HORRIFIED by all these trashy folks pooping in the water!!!! Ick, ick, ick! Seriously, grow up in a cow barn, much? It looks like you all had a great time despite the trash! Bear Lake is fun and I LOVE Logan and Aggie Ice Cream!

Andrew said...

Jena, humans aren't the only species that poop in lakes.

mark berger said...

Andrew, that's what i told her. i was like, moving down the beach 50 yards isn't going to find you any cleaner water. But it did help us avoid the WT factor some.

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

What a fun trip minus the pooping! People are so retarted! It looks like you had a great time! We need to go to the pool for a play date!