Monday, January 31, 2011

January Wrap Up!

Wow! We have had a busy January! This is my 9th blog post this month (I know, it's proof I need to get a life)!
Anyways, there were still some more pictures I wanted to post so here they are. . .


Emily, Carmen, Me, Kara!

This was dinner with friends while they were vising home for the holidays!
Emily lives in Texas. Carmen lives in New York City, Kara used to live in Michigan but she moved back, but it kind of still feels like she lives in Michigan because I (almost) never see her! Right now I blame never seeing her on Weber State Basketball games and Marks addiction to Weber State Basketball. Love you honey ;)

Here is everyone, but Mark, cause he's taking the picture. We ate at Union Grill. It was good, but when Baylee's took one bite out of her hamburger I noticed it was kind of pink in the middle. I mentioned it to the server and he brought her a new one. Then she poured a sugar packet all over it. Not sure why we buy her food when we go out to eat.


Ok this is random, but it was after dinner at the Union grill. It looks like she gained 10 lbs right? Well she wanted to wear the skirt she had on with her pajamas. I suggested wearing it over them, but she decided it was better if it was under! She looks a little hippy! I love my crazy kid!



Also. . . this month I learned how to make marshmallow fondant. I didn't even know there was such a thing! It was pretty awesome. It worked really well on my first attempt, but I tried for Mark's birthday and I must have done something wrong because it was really dry.

A girl in my ward told me that she was making marshmallow fondant for her daughters birthday cake. Lucky for me Mark's Dad and Mom also have January birthdays! So I didn't even have to wait for Mark's birthday to try this out! Supposedly the name brand stuff works best when making this.

Melt a little water and half a bag of marshmallows. Add powdered sugar. Stir.


Form into a ball. Add food coloring.


Ta-da!


Here is the final version! Like I said this did not work for me when I tried it for Mark's cake. I am going to try it again another time though. But, I'm going to wait awhile. I'm just a little caked out after this month! (Also, I think I may have too many hobbies.)


For Mark's mom's birthday we took her out to lunch! It was lots of fun! Like Mark's flannel shirt? I found it on clearance at Old Navy! It is so soft and warm looking I really love it!


It did snow once or twice in January. Mark and Baylee made this adorable snowman!


So proud!



Ok here is another hobby of mine. . .

I love taking pictures of my kids! Here is Owen's little photo shoot! This was in my kitchen!

Then, for the rest of these, we did brave the cold (but only for about 15 minutes) in downtown Ogden the other day.


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

So cute! You need to teach me some of your hobbies. Baylee is such a goof....I love her hat in the snowman pictures.

The Zaugg family said...

they are such cute pictures. you do great!

Heidi said...

oh my heck your kids are so cute!!! I might need to hit you up to take pictures for us, have you ever done it for people, you are really good...especially if it is just a fun hobby!