Sunday, January 16, 2011

The mind of a three-year-old

Everyday I think Baylee does or says something that makes me laugh! I've been trying to write them down when I can. I found a little note pad in my kitchen the other day with a few of them scribbled down. I thought I'd share. . .

I can't exactly remember the context of this, I think there might have been a spider web in my kitchen.
I asked, "Did those spiders build that spider web?"
Baylee, thinks for a second then excitedly says, "Yeah! They built it with lots of tools and a hammer and stuff."
How else would a spider build a web? Right?

One day I was upstairs getting ready and Baylee was downstairs getting into trouble. I come downstairs and see a bottle of glue with the lid off sitting in the middle of the carpet. I was relieved to see that there was no glue on the carpet, so I picked up the bottle and while I was putting it away I said, "Baylee, if you want to use glue you need to ask mommy first." Baylee responds, "I asked myself." (I'm really afraid for her to be a teenager someday).
A few minutes later I noticed there was a little spot of glue on our couch. I said, "Baylee there is glue on the couch." Baylee says, "Don't worry I will save the day!" As she runs to get toilet paper to clean it up with. I think she's seen a little too much Diego and Dora with the whole saving the day bit!

One morning after Baylee woke up I went into her room and I was sitting on her bed talking to her. She started telling me about a dream she had had. In her dream she said that Owen was a walking baby and he had jumped out of our car and ran into a restaurant and ate without us! Just imagining that made me laugh.

Then just the other day I had put a few of Baylee toys in Owens crib so he could play with them. Baylee noticed the toys and in a very sweet voice she said, "Those things don't belong in Owens crib. They belong in my room. Try again! Do it right!" The "Try again," and the "Do it right" reminded me of the games she plays on sesamestreet.org.

Last week when I was getting ready to go to work on Saturday morning Baylee had to kiss her hand a put a kiss in all four of my pants pockets so I could take them to work with me! Then yesterday morning she said to me, "Mommy I don't want you to go to work! I want to see your beautiful face!"

3 comments:

The Zaugg family said...

i love it!! that is so stinkin cute!!!

Carolyn L. said...

Gotta love her! She is pretty clever that one. Watch out :)

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

I love it....kids say the cutest things...because they say it with such passion and innocence at the same time!!