Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Owen and Baylee!


Well, Owen is now a 15-month-old and Baylee is less than a month away from being a 4-year-old! I can't believe it! Am I really old enough to have a kid who is 4? I guess so.

Well I took Owen in for his 15 month doctor's appointment today.
Here are the results:
Weight: 23 lbs 11 oz (38th percentile)
Hight: 31 1/4" (53rd percentile)
Head: 47 cm (43rd percentile)
So, he's pretty much a well proportioned, average size kido!

Owen is such a sweet little boy with a very sweet temperament! Although, he does really love mommy and daddy lately, and he will throw a fit if one of us walks out of his sight! It is always changing who he wants more! Sometimes he really wants me, and sometime he just wants to be with daddy! One week after sacrament meeting I took Owen from Mark and started taking him with me. Owen cried and cried until Mark came and got him from me! He was crying and screaming like some stranger was taking him away, but the minute he got his dad back he was fine!

Owen really loves toothbrushes. He has two of them and he uses them both. He will also use any other toothbrush he can get his hands on if it belongs to him or not.
Owen can say a few words "dada" is his favorite. He will also say "mama" (usually when he wants something). "Cheese" and "teeth" are the other words he says pretty often. I've noticed he's started calling his binkie "teeth." We've also heard him say "drink" a few times and Mark swears he taught him how to say "hike" tonight (as in hike a football).

Anytime Owen notices the door to the pantry has been left open he goes walking in and carries out any canned food he can find. You can tell he's just so proud of himself when he finds something on the shelf! It's pretty adorable. One day he brought Baylee a can a tuna fish, so she insisted on eating it because Owen wanted her to!

Owen is really lucky to have such a good big sister who loves him so much! Tonight when I was making dinner they were running around and giggling and Baylee said they were playing tag. I'm pretty sure Owen didn't know what was going on he just thought it was fun to chase his sister.
Baylee has given Owen two nicknames that mostly only she calls him. I always think it's so funny to hear her say them though. She started calling him "babes" a month or two ago. Then more recently I've heard her call him "O." I just have to laugh every time I hear her say, "Come on babes" or "here ya go O!"

Speaking of funny things Baylee has said/done I have a few things she has said lately that I want to remember.

We were waiting for our home teacher to come over last month and Baylee announced that she was going to go upstairs to take a bath. To distract her and get her to stay downstairs I told her she should draw a picture for our home teacher. So I got her a paper and some crayons and she drew a little picture. Our home teacher came over and was talking to us. Baylee kept drawing while he was there. She finished her little picture and she said it was a temple. When our home teacher was about to leave I asked Baylee if she wanted to give it to him. She whispers to me, "Write 'please come here again' on it." Awe! I thought it was the sweetest thing! So I wrote it for her and she gave it to him. Then when he left she went to our front window (he couldn't hear her) and said, "And please hold on tight!" She didn't want him to accidentally drop her picture!

We were walking back into sacrament meeting after I had taken Baylee to the bathroom. There was a little baby girl walking around in the foyer. We were walking by her and Baylee put her hand on the little girl's shoulder and says, "Mom, I want a baby like this!" I guess we better have a girl next time :)

Baylee's prayers sure have gotten a lot more thoughtful lately. She used to say the same prayer every time. She has never wanted help praying either. She just wants to do it herself. She has started saying some pretty good little prayers, but sometimes Mark and I just have to look at each other and smile at the things she says. One night she said, "I'm thankful we're a family, and especially my baby is my favorite!" I've heard her say more than one time, "I'm thankful for me and myself!" Also, the other night Mark had a sunburn that was kind of peeling on his arm. Baylee was saying the family prayer and she said, "Please, bless daddy's peeling skin to feel better!"
My dad was in a biking accident last week. He was ok, but my mom had taken him to the ER because he had a concussion. After I had talked to my mom on the phone and found out what had happened. I went and told Mark and Baylee, so I said to Baylee that we would need to remember to pray for grandpa in our family prayer that night. I then went back upstairs. Mark told me later, that as he was leaving the room, he heard Baylee saying her own little prayer for grandpa! So sweet!

Just the other night Baylee had made a mess so I told her she needed to clean it up. She said she didn't want to because it was "hard work." I told her if she was going to live in our house she needed to learn to do "hard work." Her response was, "I want a new house!"

Here are a few of her more random comments:

One day at lunch we heard an airplane flying outside. Baylee says, "I think the sun burped." I said, "The sun burped?" She responds, "Yeah, I heard it go burrr. It's a sun burp!"

Baylee, "Mom, I like slurpees and doughnuts. I like those things more than food!"

Baylee: "There are lots of sleepy bugs in my eyes."
Me: "There are?"
Baylee: "Yeah, they're dead ones."

I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to be a mommy to these two great kids! I really am so lucky I get to stay home with them and watch them as they learn and grow! It's so much fun (most of the time)! There really is nothing else I'd rather do than be with them! I love them so much!

1 comment:

The Averys said...

Your kiddos are adorable! I love all the funny things Baylee is saying! Keep writing these things down. She'll get a kick out of reading them when she's older.