Monday, August 29, 2011

New job and half marathon!

Mark started a new job last week! He still works for the state, but now he's an environmental consultant/ rules coordinator. Not sure what he does, but it pays more :)
We're really excited for him and feel very blessed that he was able to get this job!

I ran my first half marathon on Saturday! It was lots of fun and I for sure want to do another one someday!

My friend Stephanie and I went to Logan on Friday night and stayed with these fun people!


Marks cousin Whitney, uncle Rex, and aunt Dessa! They were so sweet they took us to dinner on Friday night!


Then we had to get up at 5 a.m. to make it on time for the bus!
The race started at 7.
I ran as fast as I could knowing the faster I ran the sooner I'd see these cute faces waiting for me at the finish line!


Baylee!


Owen!


I'm the one in the white shirt (if you couldn't tell)!


Baylee and Mark made this cute sign for me!


Owen thought I was gross and sweaty!


Me, Owen, Baylee, my mom!


Love these guys!


Stephanie and me after we finished!

Thanks so much to my Mom and Mark for getting the kids up and ready really early in the morning to come see me! It really was such a motivator to think that if I just kept going I'd see all of them!
My goal was to finish in under 2 hours. The first 7 miles were downhill and there was a wind so that made it pretty easy for me! I finished in 1 hour and 53 minutes! Woohoo! Quite a bit faster than I thought! I came in 30th in my age category. Out of just women I was 175th and 438th overall. Not to bad for a race with 2400 people!
It really is so amazing to me what our bodies are capable of! I've wanted to run a half marathon for a few years, but never really thought I could do it! It's crazy to think that just a few months ago running 3 miles was hard, and now I can do 13!

After the half marathon my parents watched Baylee and Owen so Mark and I could go out. We went to celebrate his new job and my first half marathon! It was lots of fun. We ate at Boston's and we finally saw Harry Potter!

2 comments:

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

way to go Jen! YOu did soooo awesome! Maybe next time I can run with you!

The Zaugg family said...

way to go girly!!! your awesome. it makes me want to run too. :) and congrats to mark on him job.