Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Picking the Perfect Tree!


My favorite thing about real Christmas trees is how good they smell! I love every time I walk downstairs and get a whiff of that fresh pine sent! ahhh!
When I was young, say younger than like 10 we always had a real Christmas tree! I loved it, but I remember when we would go to pick out our tree it took FOREVER! My siblings can attest to that. My mom cannot make decisions (love you mom)! She likes everything to be perfect! Try picking out produce with her she'll look at like ten apples before choosing one! I always wanted a "green tree" but my mom usually bought a flocked tree! So my memories of picking out our Christmas tree are driving around to like 10 different tree farms looking at trees then leaving without one and going to the next place! I'm sure all of that was worth it though cause we'd eventually find the perfect flocked tree!
One year we finally bought the perfect artificial green tree and my parents just barely replaced it this year with a beautiful artificial flocked tree!



Mark and I took our kids Christmas tree shopping the other night. It was a completely different experience than when I was younger. For us the perfect tree is one small enough to fit in our living room and cheap enough to fit our budget! It took us about 15 minutes.
We actually have our own fake tree but it's way too big for our living room! I bought it at an after Christmas clearance sale when Mark and I were dating. We used it when we were in our apartment and the first two Christmases that we've been in our house. Mark hates how crammed it makes our living room, so last year he suggested getting a small real tree and I was so excited!

Here it is. . . or at least I think that's the one we ended up with. Hard to say they all kind of looked alike.


When we got home Baylee realized there was snow outside (I've been trying to hide it from her so I can stay inside where it's warm). She loved it! She went absolutely nuts running around making as many snow angels as she possible could.




She was having a blast! But I was freezing!

I finally convinced her to come inside and help decorate our tree! She thought the angel would look nice on top of daddy head :)


Owen knows how to stay warm!

Before going to bed Baylee warmed up with some hot chocolate!
I am so excited for Christmas this year!

1 comment:

The Averys said...

How fun! I have never had a real Christmas tree, but yours looks really cute! :)