Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February is the new January

I don't know what it was about January this year, but I didn't have any motivation to set any New Year's resolutions! I guess I was just so busy with getting ready for the cruise, and Mark turning 30. I just put off making any resolutions.
I decided we still needed to make some, so last night that is what we did for FHE.
Before I say our new resolutions I should probably give an update on how we did on last years. I like to be positive, so I'll just focus on what we DID accomplish!
Owen accomplished all of his resolutions! He learned to walk, said his first words and started nursery!
Baylee learned to write her name, and she rode her trike more!
I think I averaged making dinner 4 times a week. At least I think we ate less frozen pizza in 2011 than we did in 2010. I also almost read 8 books in 2011. I at least read 7.5, and I would be done with my last book, but I keep leaving it at work! Oh, and this was not one of my resolutions, but I did run 2 half marathons in 2011! Not so shabby if I do say so myself :)
Mark met his goal of getting a new job! Woohoo! We are so grateful for that! (Not that his last job was bad, it's just his new job is a lot better!)

2012 Goals!

Owen's resolutions:
  • Learn to go potty 
  • Make friends in nursery
  • Practice drawing
Baylee's resolutions:
  • Learn to be nice (she came up with that one)
  • Learn to read (also her idea)
  • Make a new friend at preschool
  • Go to bed on time (totally our idea)
Jen's resolutions:
  • Be able to do 5 consecutive pull ups
  • Learn to do a headstand or handstand
  • Keep running at least 3 days a week
  • Read the BOM
  • Read Ensign every month
  • Attend temple at least 8 times
  • Read 12 books
  • Solve one Sudoku puzzle a week

Mark's resolutions:

  • Get a dog and go on walks with it 
  • Lower cholesterol 
  • Read BOM every night
  • Bring physical scriptures to church (not just the ones on his phone)
  • Date mommy more (My FAVORITE) 
This year at tithing settlement our Bishop asked us to set family goals. Here are the ones we came up with. 
  • As a family visit the temple grounds of at least five different temples
  • Family scripture study right after dinner
  • Monthly family movie night
  • Two Mommy & Daddy dates a month
  • Get a family dog
I'll keep ya posted on how we do :)

2 comments:

The Zaugg family said...

i see get a dog in there a lot! :) that would be fun!

JenBerger said...

Ha ha! Yea, that is not my idea. That is all Mark and the kids!