Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy 30th!

Mark turned 30 last week! 
But, if you ask Baylee how old daddy is she'll tell you he's 100!
I guess when you're 4-years-old 30 seems like 100!

We had a party last Sunday. I made dinner and invited Mark's family over.
His parents both got really sick though :(
So, just his brother's Micah, Philip, and our nephew Beau made it for dinner.
Mark got lots of fun presents! 
Like a new vacuum cleaner!
Ha ha! I know that is usually a present I would get for my birthday, but we really needed one, and I thought it would be nice for Mark to see how it feels to get a vacuum for a present! 
He actually really loves it though! It's an awesome vacuum! It's a Shark vacuum. It replaced my Dyson and I think I even like it BETTER than Dyson! It's WAY cheaper too! 
Mark also got a blu ray player.
We watched our first blu ray movie last night. It was Cowboys and Aliens! 
(A movie with Cowboys AND Aliens! 
Love it!
Why is that so funny to me? I don't know, but it really is!)
I didn't think I'd be able to notice the difference between DVD and Blu Ray, but I totally could! 

And the best 30th birthday present of all!

I took that little paper and wrapped it in a bunch of other boxes, so it would look like a really big present.
Because it is! 
We are going on a trip to Florida in April with NO KIDS!
We are going with two of Mark's brothers and their wives!
(Each brother has one wife. Thought I should clarify.)

Mark and Owen trying out the new vacuum!

Baylee LOVES her daddy! 
He's such a great dad to his two crazy kiddos! 
Owen jumped right into the big box after Mark opened it!

On Mark's actual birthday, he got to come home from work a little early. A couple of days before his birthday, his retainer that is glued to his bottom teeth, broke off. His birthday was the only day the dentist could get him in to fix it!
So, after he got done at the dentist he came home, then we took the kids to see
Beauty and the Beast in 3D!
(Told ya he was a great daddy! Taking his kids to a movie on HIS birthday)
Although, Mark and I were the only ones that left our 3D glasses on, so the kids just saw a slightly blurry version of Beauty and the Beast!
Oh Well!

 After the movie, we stopped and got some Chinese takeout!
Then, Mark's parents came over to see him. 
(And bring gifts)
I made some yummy brownie/strawberry cake cupcakes! 
They were really yummy!
(found them on pinterest)
I just used a box mix for brownies and for the strawberry cake.
I didn't want to eat a whole bunch of leftover ones (especially cause I had made a cake for his party the Sunday before). I Made 9 cupcakes, then I just froze the rest of the mix in zip lock bags!
I think I'll make more cupcakes like these for Valentines day with the rest of the mix :)


My parents gave Mark a Birthday card with some $$!
They are also watching our kids for us when we go on our trip! 
So, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Happy Brithday Mark!
I love you! 

No comments: