Sunday, October 23, 2011

First Words!

I found a list of words Baylee could say between 12 and 18 months. Since Owen is almost 18 months I thought it would be fun to write down the words Owen has been saying to compare them.

Baylee
Hi (this was her first word)
Mama 
Dada
Uh-oh
No-no
Nose
Eyes 
Bye-bye
Fishie 
Baby 
Hot 
Hat 
Moo
Owie
Patti (for patti cake)
Nana


Owen


















Ball
Football (not even joking the knows the difference between ball and football)
Golf ball (we live by a golf course)
Balloon (he loves balloons)
Belly button (he always tries to lift up my shirt to check out my belly button)
All done
Teeth (he loves to brush his teeth and he calls his binkie teeth)
Uh-oh
Uh-huh
Grandpa
Nana
Papa
Beau Beau (his cousin funny he can say Beau, but he doesn't even try to say Baylee)
Dogie 
Poo poo (I'm hopping to get him potty trained early)
Catch
Bath (he loves the bath)
Button (he's always playing with the buttons on the computer and remotes)
Dada (he's a total daddy's boy)
Mama (he says dada way more than mama)

I was actually surprised that Owen can say a few more words than Baylee did.
Maybe I'm just better at understanding what he's saying because I'm more accustomed to baby talk. Also I think he can say more because of Baylee she's always teaching him new things!
 Owen loves balls these days and every time I open the closet we keep them in he stands there and says, "ball, ball, ball!" Until I get them all out. Then there is a football we keep on the top shelf, so once all the balls are out he point up and says, "Football!"  He loves to sit with Mark and watch football on TV and everytime someone says football he pretends he is throwing something! It's pretty stinking adorable! 
We live by a golf course and every once in awhile Mark with go golf ball hunting and pick up the ones that have gone over the fence.  I think his record was like 31 balls once.  Anyways, we always have golf balls floating around our house and they are mixed in with the toys (drives me crazy I try to keep them in the garage, but they always end up in drawers and closets everywhere).  I think that is why Owen learned how to say golf ball.  
Owen is at such a fun age right now and it's fun to see how much he understands and how much he's learned in the last 18 months!  Crazy how smart they are at this age!  

2 comments:

Gwen said...

sooo cute!! owen is definitely a berger boy!

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

So cute....I have never been to dinosaur park...let me know the next time you go, Scarlett and I would love to go! Love to family pics! Your hair looks so long, and I love the color!