Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yea for warmer weather!

It's getting warmer outside! We have been waiting for so long to be able to play outside (without freezing)!
The last few days have been so nice and sunny! I'm not getting my hopes up for spring yet though because this is Utah so it will probably snow a few more times!
We have been enjoying the nice days we have had though!

Baylee playing on the tire swing at our playground!


Owen had lots of fun in the wood chips! He put one in his mouth then decided that was gross so the rest of the time he would just pick them up and drop them! It kept him entertained!


Here is Baylee on the swing!


Owen was going for my camera.



Baylee has had self imposed color days lately. It all started a couple of months ago when she was helping me put her clothes away and she picked up a black shirt and some black leggins. She said, "Look mom these are my black clothes!" Ever since then she has days when she picks out a solid color to wear. This was her "white" day! Notice the white socks over the white tights! She even found a "white" hat to wear. . . close enough :)

We went to dinosaur park last week but it was still pretty cold! Owen and I sat in the car and Mark stayed with Baylee while she finished playing!


When it's been too cold to go outside we've been trying to keep busy inside. I had Baylee help me clean the walls and baseboards the other day.

She did pretty good helping me, but we were in her room cleaning the walls and I went downstairs to get something. When I came back she was trying to clean the floor so she had dumped out the bucket of water!

Baylee helped me make some yummy banana bread!

We made the bread while Owen was sleeping. I went to get him from his nap and when I came down Baylee was hiding under the kitchen table. . .

She had taken a big bite out of the bread! I don't even know what to do with this girl sometimes! She's kind of exhausting :) But we love her!

Here's my Owen buddy! I love this sweet baby!

Mark was trying to watch a BYU basketball game one day so to get Baylee to leave him alone for a minute I made her a fort!

Then I let her watch a movie in her fort!

I thought it turned out pretty awesome!

Baylee helped me decorate cupcakes to take over to our new neighbors the other day.


Baylee has a new Spiderman umbrella! We were grocery shopping at Wal-mart one day and she saw these little kid umbrellas. She really wanted one but I told her that we could go home and she could get some money out of her piggy bank and if it was still what she really wanted we could go back and get it sometime. We waited a couple of weeks and she still kept talking about getting her money to buy her umbrella so we took all of her change to the bank and got out six dollars to buy her umbrella and put the rest in her bank account for college.
Then we went over to Wal-mart and the umbrellas were on clearance for only $4! There was a princess umbrella and a Dora one but Baylee insisted on getting Spiderman!


The day after she got her umbrella it started raining a little bit so I had her go outside with it. She was pretty disappointed there wasn't much rain. In this picture she was going to look for a puddle to splash in. She never found one :)

2 comments:

Gwen said...

i'm so proud of baylee for choosing the spiderman umbrella! she is so fun to hear about! it sounds like she is really learning about colors in a fun way! we miss those kids!!

Darcey said...

hahaha, i love baylee's style. she is a hoot! take pics of her solid color outfits and make a scrapbook. that would be SO cute for her to look back on :D