Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Patty's Day x2

Isn't St. Patrick's day one of those holidays that you can never remember what day it is? No? Just me? Ok. Well a couple of weeks ago at dinner one night I said to Mark, "St. Patrick's Day is coming up huh? When is it like the 14th?" Mark replied, "Yea, something like that." So I took this as confirmation that St. Patrick's day is on the 14th (but I guess Valentin's is the holiday that is on the 14th). Anyway, so Sunday night I'm lying in bed thinking to myself, "oh St. Patrick's day is tomorrow I guess we better wear green. . . What else could we do? Maybe a treasure hunt!" So I wake up before the kids on Monday morning and set up a little treasure hunt.



I get the kids dressed in green. Baylee, of course, is wearing green from head to toe!

Green food coloring in some waffle batter = yummy green waffle's!

I sent Baylee on her treasure hunt! She LOVED it!

Proof that Owen was there too!

Owen got "gold" fish!

Baylee got a ring pop and I just happend to have a fun size "gold" twix for her treat!

But, wait I know what you're thinking. . . St. Patrick's day is the 17th of March not the 14th and you're right!

So after we finish our treasure hunt I got on the internet a Google comes up and there is no green shamrocks for the Os or anything like that. So I start thinking wait maybe St. Patrick's day isn't today I Google it and yep it's on the 17th! Ha ha! (I blame it on being a stay at home mom I'm kind of out of it these days!)

But it's ok because we really just doubled our St. Patrick's day fun! The day before the real St. Patrick's day I found out that Discovery Gateway Children's Museum was having free admission on St. Patrick's day. My friend Breann and I went down and spent a few hours there with our kids! It was lots of fun and the kids loved it but I was exhausted by the end of the day! It really wore me out!

This is "The Beehive" The kids can take these balls and put them in the tubes then they float up! They loved it!

Here Baylee is putting a ball in the tube.

Owen was helping Baylee and Bensen gather balls.

Since we were by Mark's work we stopped by his office on our way home!


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are my favorite person ever! I'm pretty sure we were talking about St. Patrick's Day being on Thursday at Sunday dinner last week...just saying :) I really enjoyed this post a lot. You are so funny/awesome!

Unknown said...

You are such a cute/creative/great mom. I wish I lived closer to you and we could hang out!!!!!! I love seeing all the pics of you guys!

The Averys said...

I love that you guys celebrated early! ;)

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

O my heck Jen!! You are such a crack up! Good thing kids don't realize dates and things and you don't have any in school yet...so what if you celebrated a bit early...right?!!