Saturday, February 26, 2011

Not meant to be. . .

So, I was feeling kind of bad about not being able to see True Grit last Monday. Since Mark really really wanted to see it. I was going to go on a girls overnighter this weekend but that ended up not working out, but I already had the day off from work so I figured Mark and I could go see True Grit today. I arranged for a girl in our ward to come babysit. I double checked the movie time. It started at 4:30 at The Megaplex 13. When we got to the theater we went to buy tickets and we found out that it had been reserved for a private showing. SO WE COULDN'T GO SEE IT! Ah I was so bugged! Since we already spent money on a movie last Monday that we didn't really want/intend to see in theaters (even though I Am Number Four turned out to be an awesome movie) we decided not to waste our money on another movie that we didn't really care about seeing. Besides there is virtually nothing good in theaters right now.
Anyways, we found out we couldn't go to the movie so I hurried and looked on my phone and Ture Grit was at Tinseltown also at 4:30 it was like 4:15 so we went and got in our car and hurried over to the mall. But I guess it was the Tinseltown in Layton that had a 4:30 of True Grit not Ogden.
Since we already had a baby sitter we had a couple of hours to kill so we wandered around the mall. Then we went to Costco and got $1.50 hot dogs. Then we wandered around Costco for awhile. It turned out to be pretty fun. I like spending time with Mark even when he's sad cause he didn't get to see his movie.
I guess we'll just have to wait for True Grit to come out on DVD so we can rent it some time.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh man, not meant to be indeed! That makes me sad for you! At least you got to go spend some time together though!

Gwen said...

that's too bad!! we loved true grit, it had some intense scenes! it sounds like you guys had a great day anyway though, because can anything beat costco hotdogs? we sometimes drive up to costco, which is like twenty five minutes away, just to eat some lunch! and we usually get a few groceries...

The Averys said...

What terrible luck!!! :( I agree that Costco is pretty fun place to wander around it. Trever loves the samples. ;)