Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1 down 2 to go!

Well after a week in the hospital I'm out and doing a little better! The day after I was hospitalized I had the drains put in my abdomen! Which is much better than surgery but still hasn't been that fun! I had three tubes coming out of my stomach and I still have two of them. The first one came out today so that is progress. . . right?????

This picture is pretty much what my drains look like. The white part actually goes in my stomach and I found out today when they took the one out there is a nice little hole in my skin! Weird! I was surprised at how much of the tube was actually down in there when he pulled it out! Then the clear part of the tube hangs out and then that little bulb thing is connected to the tube and it is wear the fluid gathers. I have to flush out the drains three times a day with syringes full of saline! My mom made me a nice little pouch to wear around my waist where I put the drains so they aren't just hanging out of my clothes!

I have a tube on my left side below my ribs then there is one in the middle just below my belly button and then there was one on the right side below my ribs but that is the one I had taken out today!

I got out of the hospital at about 10:30 Monday night. Instead of going home we came to my mom's and are spending a couple more nights here! It's been nice to be out of the hospital and to be able to be with Baylee and Owen. I still don't do much though my mom, brother, and Mark pretty much take care of them! :)

When I first had my c section I told Baylee I couldn't carry her (you're not supposed to lift anything heavy for 6 weeks) so now everyday she asks me if I can carry her or she'll ask if I can carry daddy or grandpa or grandma! She also asks me, "Are you feeling a little bit better?"

Owen is doing really good he's a pretty content little guy most of the time so that is good!

I go to the doctor tomorrow but I'm pretty sure I won't get anymore of the drains out until at least Monday. I have another CT scan scheduled on Monday then I think if the other abscesses have gotten smaller they will take the other tubes out. A radiologist put my tubes in so I went to the radiology department to get the one taken out this morning. A nurse took it out but before he did he had a radiologist look at the last CT scan I had while I was at the hospital. The nurse said that the radiologist thought that the one on the right and the left were small enough that they both could come out but the one on the left is still "producing" fluid so it has to stay in. But he said the abscess in the middle is still pretty big so it will probably be in for awhile.

I figure that by Monday I should be feeing better because I'll have finished my antibiotics and hopefully I'll be getting my other two drains out. Then I'll just need my insicion to heal back up and I'll be all better!

This really has been the craziest thing that has ever happened to me. On Monday morning a doctor that works at the same clinic as my doctor was doing rounds for my doctor so he came in to check on me. He said that out of his practice my doctors practice and another doctor they work with they have never had anything like this happen! He said that is out of about 30,000 patients. So I guess I'm just lucky????

Really though through all of this we have been so blessed to have so much support ane help from friends and family! We are truly blessed!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

So...if none of them had ever seen anything like this, then why were they telling you it was normal?!?!?! Still a little bothered by that! I'm glad you are feeling better though! I love you!

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

Jen, Holy smokes, a week in the hospital!!? You poor thing....That is the craziest thing ever....I hope you continue to feel better!

Gwen said...

oh jena, you are so brave and strong!! i agree with stephanie your doctors are weirdly bipolar and it bugs. we are still praying for you. `

The Zaugg family said...

jena! wow girly! this is crazy! I cant believe all that is going on. im so glad you have such a great mom to help you out. let me know if i can do anything for you?