Sunday, September 25, 2011

We Have a 4-year-old!

Well she's been threatening to do it for weeks and she finally did it.  Baylee turned four on us!  I kept asking her if we could just skip her birthday this year, so she could just stay 3 for another year, but she didn't want to.  She's pretty excited about being 4, so I can't help but be happy for her!  

My mom always decorated my door for my birthday, so I like to continue that tradition with my kids!  

Baylee was pretty excited about her door! 




Baylee and Owen noticed there was money in the balloons, so we had to pop those right away to get it out!  
Mark and Baylee came up with the idea for a cupcake themed birthday.  While I was  figuring out what I was going to do for a cupcake birthday I found the book "Pinkalicious" it's about a little girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink.  I thought it would make the perfect door present.   
Baylee also got her own fingernail polish on her door.  It's perfect cause it's all clear polish with sparkles so she can paint her nails herself!  
My big 4 year old showing off her door presents!


Baylee and Owen got to eat their lunch outside for Baylee's birthday.  They love to picnic and the weather has been perfect lately!  Also I didn't want to have to sweep and mop my floor before Baylee's party.  (Owen is still a very messy eater and food always ends up on the floor!) 
The birthday girl opening her presents!  
She got her very own camera!  She was super excited about it because now she can take her own pictures and not have to use our camera.  The picture quality on this camera is pretty terrible, but she doesn't seem to notice and she's had a lot of fun playing with it!

When I took Baylee school shopping she found these boots she really wanted, but they were a lot more than I usually spend on kid shoes!  They were so adorable on her when she tired them on,  I figured I could splurge on them a little if they were a birthday present.  So now she's our 4-year-old cow girl!  
She also got her first wii game.  Its a Disney princess game.
She has liked playing it, but she still needs some help with it.  


When Grandma asked Baylee what she wanted this year for her birthday she said, "A dinosaur, a monkey, a truck, a lamp, or her own makeup!"  I didn't think Grandma would go for any of those, so then she decided she wanted some more food for her play kitchen.  In the last few weeks she has been asking for more eggs to cook with.  So, in true Grandma fashion Baylee got all of the play food and eggs she could possibly need!  I think we now have 200+ pieces of play food!  Baylee and Owen have been cooking and eating like crazy the last few days :)
My favorite thing they make is brownies with hot dogs in them! Yum!

Nana and Papa also got Baylee some fun presents, but somehow I don't have a picture of it.  She got a fun cupcake sticker book, new clothes, candy, and princess card games!

We'd also like to thank Baylee's aunts and uncles, Papa Max, and her best buddy Beau for coming to her party!  
This was Baylee's cupcake cake!  It was SO easy to make and so much fun! I loved it!  
Baylee was so happy while everyone was singing happy birthday to her! 
What a happy 4-year-old!


Owen loved the frosting! 


I tried to get a picture of me and Baylee, but she wasn't cooperating,
 and Mark was doing a fancy cake and us picture :)


Mark helping Baylee play the Disney Princess game.  It's pretty intense!  


Owen cleaning up the food!

Happy Birthday to my big 4-year-old!
 I love you so much and am so thankful that I get to be a mommy to such a smart, funny, fun, sweet, and loving girl! 
 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yipes, she's 4! Time is flying! I love Baylee! She is the funniest, cutest little bean in the world! Loved her party. You always make the brightest frosting colors, I love it!