Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Baylee finally had her first day of preschool!  


We made a count down chain when there was about a week before school started.  Baylee got up every morning and took a chain off all by herself.  I didn't even have to remind her.  


 I took her school shopping and she picked out a new pink shirt to wear on her first day.  


She brought home a preschool calendar and I was looking at it and saw that they have color weeks.  Next week is red week.  I told Baylee that she could wear a red shirt next week.  She said she only wants to wear pink shirts to preschool!  

Owen was glad to have his sister home! 

I think her first day went pretty well.  It was raining when I dropped her off, so I left her rain coat with her.  When I came to pick her up it was sunny and warm, but she had her rain coat on, so she was really hot!  She wasn't happy about that.  She also said she was starving even though I made her a big pancake breakfast that morning.  So she wasn't happy about being hungry either.  
She said that a boy wouldn't let her play in the orange and blue house on the playground, but a girl let her play in the pink house.  I'm glad that little girl was so nice. . . I think I'll tell her to punch that little boy in the face next time :) 
(I'm kidding!)

I'm really excited for Baylee to go to preschool.  I know it's only twice a week, but it's weird having a kid in school.  I just hope I remember to take her!  
I told Mark this is the start of us having a kid in school for at least the next 20 years. . . but it will probably be longer than that!  Crazy! 

No comments: