Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to. . .

Me!
That's right I turned 26 yesterday! Has it really been 10 years since I turned the big 16? Weird it doesn't feel like it was that long ago! I'm still not a very good driver! I can't believe I've managed to avoid any major accidents for 10 years! Cross your fingers for the next 10 years ;)

Here I am with my beautiful cake! Mark and I threw it together Sunday night! It was chocolate with peanut butter filling! Yum! Try this next time you make chocolate cake (if you like peanut butter) melt 1 T butter and 1/2 a cup of peanut butter in a sauce pan. Then add 3/4 cup powdered sugar! It's a little thick so I thinned mine with milk! It made it extra healthy ;) It tasted so good with the chocolate!

Baylee could hardly wait to eat this thing!

Owen couldn't wait! He dug right in! (His 1st birthday is a month from today! Crazy!)

Yum! Yum! His first taste of chocolate ;) (ok, maybe I've snuck him some chocolate a time or two before this!)


It was kind of an interesting Birthday this year. My sisters sweet mother-in-law passed away on April 5th. Her funeral was yesterday so we spent the morning at a funeral. It was a very nice service. My brother-in-law Matt and his siblings did a wonderful job! I left the funeral wanting to be a little more like Kathie wanting to be a better mother, wife, daughter, and friend! My sister is very lucky to have married into such a wonderful family! If you'd like to read more about Kathie, Matt made a wonderful blog if you'd like to read it click here.

My parents watched the kids for us and Mark and I went out to eat then to see Source Code. It was a good movie! Then we did a little shoe shopping! Then we went home to have some cake!


Getting ready to blow out my candles. The kids got me the shirt I'm wearing and Mark gave me an external hard drive. (I'm totally taking up all of the room on our computer with the millions of pictures I take of our children!)
Thanks Mark! I love my presents!

Baylee helped take this picture of us! Then she went a little camera crazy!

Here is a collage of her work! The cake, the floor, the ceiling, the plate, the birthday sign on the fridge, the lighter, and herself!

Note to self: Maybe Baylee needs a camera for her birthday ;)


3 comments:

Gwen said...

happy birthday, jena! i love that sweater and your hair looks really great!

Harmony said...

Glad you had a fun b-day! Crazy how fast time flies by! I am turning 27 this year! (That's practically 30!)

Stephanie said...

You're a sweet girl! Thanks for spending some of your birthday at the funeral! We love you. I can't believe you're that old either....it means I'm even older! so crazy!!