Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mark is allergic to everything! What am I supposed to make for dinner now?

So Mark is feeling much better now!  I guess his esophagus would swell because he's having allergic reactions to stuff.  He went to an allergist yesterday and had a skin test done on his back and these are the foods he is allergic too.  He is strongly allergic to fishmix (like salmon and halibut and tuna or something like that), oranges, and peas (he already knew about the peas).  He is mildly allergic to soy bean, lamb (we never eat lamb so that's ok), lettuce, milk, oat, onion, rye, tomato, tuna, wheat, almond, cashew, and walnut.  
So usually if your allergic to milk you drink soy milk right?  But he's also allergic to soy so I guess he's going to have to try rice milk!  I guess he might not have to stay off of those foods forever.  He just has to do it for 4 weeks and then reintroduce them into his diet, and if he has swelling in his throat then he has to not eat it. If he doesn't have a reaction then I guess it will be ok to eat.  
So now I have no idea what to make for dinner!  

7 comments:

KFinley said...

That's a ton to be alergic too! Is he allergic to goats milk? If you want I can send you four cans of powdered goats milk! Hang in there Mark!

JenBerger said...

I don't know if he's allergic to goats milk. I think they just tested cow. Can you buy goats milk at a store? I hadn't thought of that!

mark berger said...

this blog thing is getting pretty embarassing. thanks jen for telling the whole world about all my lame health issues! :) I'm like 3 days into this no milk, soy and wheat thing and i'm pretty sure i'd rather die of an allergic reaction than never be able to eat at Burger King again. Man, i love that place. I also miss mcdonald's ice cream desserts! soon i will think of something embarassing to blog about jen. keep posted...

JenBerger said...

Allergies are not embarassing. You know you like the attention! I love you!

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

I had a ton of food allergies also...I went to Dr. Skaggs and had this eastern Naet thing done...I only had to avoid each food I was allergic to for 25 hrs...call me if you are interseted or have any questions?
carly wood

JenBerger said...

Carly that is cool! I'll have to call you! We should also do a playdate sometime!

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

yes!!! I am need of a playdate!!! I bet Bailey is getting soooo big!!